Get up on the wrong side of the bed

'Hui Lin, did you get up on the wrong side of the bed?", she said. FYI, the she is my lecturer. Oh wells, my bad for not listening to her in class and I was caught twice for not paying attention. Misery. First time, I was caught  reading the newspaper when she was teaching. Second time, I was caught talking to my friend. Haha. Actually I find it funny. About 30 people in the class and I was the one got caught. I can swear to you half of the class was talking. Louder than me obviously. But she said nothing. Maybe I'm way too attractive today? What a joke. Anyway I'm not mad or what. She's not mad too. She said, " Hui Lin, what happened to you today?" and she start talking to other classmates, "She's usually very attentive." looking back at me and here comes the golden phrase " Hui Lin, did you get up on the wrong side of the bed?"

Well what exactly is meant by 'get up on the wrong side of the bed'? According to a dictionary website, it means to begin the day feeling unhappy and uncomfortable. When everything you did on that day seems to go wrong, we can use this idiom too. See the logic? You got up on the the wrong side of the bed and therefore everything went wrong on that day. Haha. So people, stop getting up on the wrong side of the bed! I know some of you, your bed only have one side. You must be wondering how can I get up on the wrong side of bed when I only have one side. I know. Dear, it's just an idiom.

My personal opinion, to have a good start on a bright morning, we must first be grateful that it's a brand new day. Tell yourself it's gonna be a good day, everything's gonna be fine. Getting up on the wrong side of bed won't make your day bad. In fact, when you tell yourself today's gonna be a bad day the minute you woke up, believe or not, you'll have a bad day. I'm not cursing anyone. Just want all of you to know, stay positive is the best way to have a good day.

You had a bad day, you're taking one down. You sing a sad song just to turn it around.

This song reminds me of a high school friend. She said she can't sing this song. I asked her why. And she said she'll have a bad day whenever she sings this song. Haha.

A song for you, Daniel Powter's Bad day.


Wishing you a good day! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The awkward moment

Home is ♥

From zero to hero